For some, Christmas is all about twinkling lights and Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire.
For others, it’s about cooking marathons and awkward moments under the mistletoe.
But for us fashion-lovers, Christmas and all surrounding holidays are an excuse to pull out the big guns—those secret wardrobe weapons we save to make an unforgettable entrance.
Here is a list of the top 10 things to wear during the holidays:
1. LBD with a twist. And by “twist” we mean sequins, tiered fringe trims, asymmetrical ruffles, or oversized bows. If you don’t own one, get one: it’ll be the talk of every party.
2. The eye-catching clutch. Like a stunning, jewel-embellished clutch. Or a bright, fuchsia-colored one. Or if you’re really daring: BOTH.
3. Statement jewelry. You must own one of the following: 1) an oversized cocktail ring; 2) a pair of chandelier earrings; 3) a long, layered, multi-chain necklace.
5. Sexy hosiery. Fishnets, lacy designs, and pantyhose with back seams are unmistakably appealing to both genders. Pair those babies with your party pumps, and you’re set to go.
6. A hair piece. A hot pick right now is the headband with an asymmetrical center piece: a satin bow, a cluster of rhinestones, or a sculptural tulle design. Girly-girls, rejoice.
7. Fur (or faux-fur). Whether you are eco-friendly or you’ve inherited a genuine, vintage piece from your great aunt Evelyn, fur trims will add instant glam to your outerwear.
8. Sky-high party pumps. Break out the pickle-stabbing stilettos, the frills, and the bows. Sure, walking may become the biggest challenge you’ve ever faced, but at least you’ll look hot trying.
9. Risqué lingerie. A lacy bustier, racy thong, and matching garter will make you feel like the hottest female alive—and that feeling will come through every time you enter a room.
10. Designer accessories. The ultimate fashion artillery you keep in a dust bag or on the top shelf of your closet. Prada, D&G, Louboutin—whatever. Pull ‘em out and strut your stuff.
What’s your favorite fashion secret you save exclusively for the holidays?