Perhaps you’ve heard of it?
It’s only the crème de la crème of iconic brands and status symbols. So you can imagine how thrilled we are to present you with a vintage collection featuring some of the most coveted pieces of all time.
First things first: let’s talk Birkin.
Flashback to the “Sex and the City” episode where Samantha is put on a waiting list for a Birkin bag—the ultimate validation to the world that she had “made it”.
Well, dear BTR shoppers, the wait is over. We’re going to help you cut to the front of the line and give you a first-class viewing of some of fashion’s most beloved accessories.
Co-designed by actress Jane Birkin, the bag is a statement in itself. Owning one elevates your sense of style to heights unimaginable. Crafted out of the finest leathers, these bags don’t raise the bar. They are the bar.
Then there’s the Kelly bag. Introduced in the 1930s and made popular by the iconic Grace Kelly, it is a timeless essential that can be passed down from generation to generation.
If you’d rather keep the Birkin and the Kelly in the fantasy folder, you can also peruse our exquisite collection of vintage scarves. Known for their beautiful designs (some of which are signed by the designers themselves) and silky fabrics, they can turn any outfit into a stunning ensemble.
Some vital Hermès trivia:
• Each item is 100% hand-stitched and made out of the highest quality materials in the world.
• Hermès was founded in 1837 and originally specialized in saddles, harnesses, and other equestrian goods (which explains the logo). The supreme craftsmanship applied to all their leather goods is carried out even to this day.
• Hermès designs can either retain their value or even gain value over time. If a piece’s color, skin, or hardware fixtures are discontinued and no longer available, its rarity increases its worth, making it quite the investment.
As the most wanted bag in the world, it’s no surprise the Birkin is big with celebrities.
Here are some of its most notable supporters:
1) Lady Gaga. The eccentric pop star actually wrote out a message for her Japanese fans on her white Birkin.
2) Kim Kardashian. Said to have dropped $100,000 at the Hermès store in Paris, the reality TV star even takes her Birkin to the gym (not recommended).
3) Victoria Beckham. The former Spice Girl has a Birkin in almost every color of the rainbow. Here she is with her burgundy crocodile style
4) Olivia Palermo. The fashion darling/socialite is known to take her beloved Birkin all over NYC. Here she brings new meaning to the term “chic cycling”.
Experience the thrill of owning some of the most sought-after pieces in fashion.
This is it. And it doesn’t get any better. Shop the vintage Hermès event now.