The tenth season of American Idol has come to an end and we learned two very important things:
1) Fans of the show cannot get enough of sweet country singers. Congrats to Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina!
2) Jennifer Lopez is one unstoppable force in show business.
With the love-to-hate-him Simon Cowell gone, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have come to give the show a new voice and some much needed flavor. The last show was one of the most entertaining finales in Idol history, boasting knockout performances from Lady Gaga, Beyonce, and AI alumni Carrie Underwood.
J-LO stole the spotlight this year in head-turning ensembles by some of today’s most respected designers. Finding out what she was going to wear was nearly as exciting as watching your favorite contestant belt out Motown classics. She was all about sparkles, sequins, color, and sky-high Louboutins.
Here are my top 4 looks of the season:
1) Looking like a golden goddess in Gucci, Ms. Lopez showcased her stunning tan and curvaceous physique.
2) This spicy one-shoulder Badgley Mischka dress looked extra gorgeous with sleek and straight hair.
3) Rodarte cream skirt and Dries Van Noten sparkly top. This was a look you either loved or hated: the Barbie-esque makeup and glamorous hairstyle completed the effect.
4) The green Lanvin dress was probably the most memorable and talked-about. The superstar dazzled in this electrifying number.
The days of scandalous Versace gowns and Bennifer might be behind us, but Jenny from the Block proves that age is nothing but a number. At 41, she has more style and flair than most of young Hollywood.