You may know Nicole Polizzi from her time on the hit MTV show, The Jersey Shore, when she would only go by the one-word moniker “Snooki”. She’s all grown up now with a son, a daughter on the way, a brand new clothing line called SnookiLove, and her own podcast. This week on BTR, look for her stamp to shop her style for kids and mommies alike!
We were lucky enough to catch up with Nicole and chat with her about fashion and making the transition from TV party girl to mother.
Check out what she had to say:
1) Your life has changed drastically over the years – first in becoming a hit reality star, and then in becoming a mother. Which was the hardest to adjust to and why?
My life has been a roller coaster ever since I decided to go on Jersey Shore. 21 years old and ready to party I had the time of my life. But now as a mother, things have definitely changed and I think the biggest challenge ever was having to grow up, and become a good mother to my son. I’m so happy the way I’ve grown up and I absolutely love being a mother.
2) We know you love fashion and now you have another clothing line, “SnookiLove”. How would you describe your style?
My style is like night and day. My usual attire is me with no makeup, rocking work out pants, a simple top and either work out shoes or wedge sneakers. That’s my mom look. When I decide I want to look decent and somewhat classy, HA, I’ll wear one of my 100’s of blazers with high waist paints. That’s my go to look that’s comfy and stylish.
3) Being pregnant, are there any fall trends you are upset to be missing out on? What item can’t you wait to put on again?
Well the good thing is I’m giving birth any day now, so I won’t miss out on fall much. But even being 9 months pregnant, I’m already rocking my favorite fall looks. Fall is my favorite season to fashion because you can layer in clothes and accessories! What girl doesn’t love that? I love pairing up my leggings with a comfortable tank top, a cardigan or blazer, and comfortable boots whether they be cargo and knee high heels. And we can’t forget the stylish scarfs and hats!
4) Who was your favorite featured guest on your podcast, “Naturally Nicole”, and why?
I just recently started my podcast Naturally Nicole to people to get know me for me, not Snooki, and I absolutely love it! I have to say my favorite guests so far that I’ve interviewed are Leah Remini and The Zombie Expert Matt Mogk. I ended up falling in love with Leah on DWTS (Dancing With the Stars) and I’m so happy to have made a friendship with her. She reminds me a lot of myself in a way that she doesn’t give a crap about what anyone thinks. And I loved interviewing Matt because I’m obsessed with zombies, so it was like a dream come true learning about zombies!
5) There are definitely cute toddler fashions for boys, but moms always talk about how they love dressing up their girls! What styles are you looking forward to for your baby girl?
I always envisioned dressing up my girl in animal prints all day! But now that I kind of grew out of that, her closet is filled with pastel colored floral outfits that I can’t get enough of! I’m also obsessed with her pale pink ruffle onesies! Can’t wait to meet her and dress her up to look fabulous!
6) What do you think people would be most surprised to learn about you?
That I’m the most normal down to earth girl there is. People have this stigma of me that I’m Snooki from Jersey Shore, but to be honest that girl doesn’t exist anymore. I’m Nicole, just a young mom enjoying life way too much.
7) What fashion item do you refuse to give up during pregnancy?
My whole closet. All my “normal” clothes. I always try to still squeeze in my bottoms or some tops, knowing that they’re basically belly shirts on me, but I refuse to go full maternity clothes! I’m small as it is, I can make it work!
8) During your partying days, you once said in an interview that you didn’t want to be a role model. Has that changed and why?
I still don’t consider myself a role model. But it is nice to have people tell me what an inspiration I am when it comes to me losing weight, becoming healthy, and changing my whole lifestyle and life for my son. I’ve helped a lot of people with conquering their weight issues and also becoming a better person. It’s possible! Just takes time. I’m glad I can help others out, but waking up every day trying to be a role model is not my intention. If anything, I want to be a role model to my son and my new baby. They need a great mother that they can look up to and turn to for advice for the rest of their lives, and I’m doing my best!
To find out more about Nicole: