Sweater season has arrived! Fortunately brands are seemingly just as into sweater weather as we are, and they’re making the once chunky cold barriers chic, fashionable and ready-to-wear in a wide range of weights and materials. Here at BTR HQ, we’ve been scouring the brands to bring you the best sweaters of the season.
Here are some of our DO’s for sweater season:
1. Layer, layer, layer: one of the best things about wearing a sweater is that you can and should layer them. Whether you wear a blouse, turtleneck, tee or cami underneath, the options are boundless.
2. Timeless staples: every wardrobe needs a few classic staple sweaters. Choose a simple shape and style with a modern fit, like a crew neck or shallow V. We suggest black, a camel and a grey for multiple wear options.
3. Be colorful: just because it’s getting darker out, it doesn’t mean you wardrobe has to follow suit. Explore both bright pops of color and paler, softer shades to add interest to your ensemble!
4. Variety is the name of the game: there are SO many styles of sweaters, including pull-overs, cardigans, turtleneck, zip-up, cableknit crewneck, v-neck, cropped, oversized…basically, don’t limit yourself to just one look.
5. Different dimensions: from heavyweight or lightweight and everything in between, the modern sweater comes in a multitude of fabrics. Explore options in wool, cotton, cashmere and blends to find the one that’s just right for you.
6. Dress them up: sweaters aren’t just for lounging or brunching, they’re also great for the office, dinner out or a holiday party! You can dress them up with jewelry, pair longer ones with tights and wear them as a dress, or find one with sparkle for a fancier affair.
So time to start exploring and look forward to the chill. With this season’s fresh new crop of sweaters, it’s bound to be a successful harvest! Shop all the looks now.